Sunday, January 23, 2011

Easy Pork Chops with Cranberries

I just made this for dinner.  It was so good.  Seriously.  I never know what to do with pork.  I don't even like pork.  The other day while shopping something came over me to buy it.  Hmm.  So I browsed around the net for some recipes and came across "Easy Pork Chop Saute with Cranberries" from EatingWell.com. 
Since I was starving - and just got home from Costco I had to make a few changes to the original recipe due to lack of ingredients.  Here is how I made it:

"Easy Pork Chop Saute with Cranberries"
Serves 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time:  10 - 20 minutes

Ingredients

Salt & Pepper (A few dashes)
4 Boneless pork loin chops (trim the fat!)
2/3 cup orange juice
2 1/2 tablespoons clover honey
2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
1 cup frozen cranberries

Directions
  1. Heat grapeseed oil in pan medium heat.  Cook chops 3 minutes on eachside (or until browned nicely.)  
  2. While cooking the chops mix the oj & honey together & chop cranberries in the food processor.
  3. Push the chops to the side and add half of the oj mixture and all of the cranberries to the pan and cook for about 4 minutes (or until chops are fully cooked.)  
  4. Remove the chops and set on serving plate.  Add the rest of the oj mixture.  Increase heat to high and cook until it becomes a "syrupy sauce", about 2 minutes.
  5. Spoon the sauce over the chops. Enjoy.
**Approximate Values: Calories 300, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 81 mg, Sodium 207 mg, Carbohydrates 21g, Protein 30g, Potassium 421mg.


This Pork Chop served nicely with some green beans, cooked to perfection.  I like to steam them - not too long.  
I like crisp veggies.   Also served some carrots with it.

               Hope you enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment